Pop Up Menu with mouse scroll wheel

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Pop Up Menu with mouse scroll wheel

Postby Scott Partridge » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:09 am

It's these simple little things that can be the most irritating....LOL

The mouse driver on my computer has been updated (Intellimouse Optical) and now I can no longer activate the OSNAP pop up menu by clicking the mouse scroll wheel like I could before.

I can set the default for the wheel to a any of a long list of Windows functions, but damned if I can figure out how to get the OSNAP pop up to work again.

Any ideas out there?
Scott Partridge

Postby rwhatman » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:04 am

Check Mouse defaults.
Left Button should be Click (default)
rwhatman

Postby Scott Partridge » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:13 am

Thanks, but the defaults are as per the factory settings for the buttons and the wheel.

I'm starting to think about a reinstall of MSCAD but I don't really want to go there yet as I'm not convinced that would fix it.

The Microsurvey.key file shows the context menu assigned to the middle button. I'm just not sure what to look at next.
Scott Partridge

Mouse

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:24 am

Hi Scott,

I don't think a reinstall of MSCAD would help either. The problem came up when the mouse driver was upgraded. Was this just a routine action or specifically done to solve an issue? If it was a simple upgrade with no great functionality change then you may wish to go back to the previous version.

Or contact the vendor and see if they have any suggestions.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Scott Partridge » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:39 am

Glen, I came to the same conclusion you did... that the mouse driver just wasn't going to do it for me.

It was a routine update (Intellipoint ver 5.0 for those who want to know). I uninstalled it and everything that once was has now been restored to operability. All is well in Cadastral land.

I never realized how much I used that context menu until I couldn't use it anymore...LOL
Scott Partridge

Mouse

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:22 pm

Scott
Have you the scroll wheel/ middle button set to 'Middle Button'? You say you have played around with settings, but ?
Happy mouseing
Richard
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD