NEXT UPDATE?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

NEXT UPDATE?

Postby Vincent Popish » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:09 pm

Hi:
Just wondering when the next release is comming, we use xref/xlink all the time and to have set the layers each time we open up a drawing. It is a real pain and we are hoping for relief.

Just another thought: This is the BEST user forum that I have ever used or been a part of, and I have been a part of several. You folks at MicroSurvey are doing a great job, keep it up. Just thought you would like to know, sometimes seems like all we do is complain.

Thanks,
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:46 pm

Hi Vince,

We are currently working on the next upgrade and it is coming along really well. What new features will it have you ask?

To start with......

- Least Squares best fit line
- Least Squares best fit circle / arc
- Geo Referenced image support
- New Text Placement Tool
- ADT Point Groups
- Enhaced COGO
- New Rotate/Scale/Shift (All in one command and includes a lot of options)
- New Clusters command. Specify a radius, and it will scan the database and create groups of points that fall within the specified radius from each other. We then present the user with the residuals and allow you to compute an averaged position for the groups / clusters.
-New Multi Edit Dialog which allows you to select a group of points and compute an average position.
- New Coord Audit command which will compare coordinate drawing text to the database and report back to the user if anything is out of sync.
Coordinate Auditing feature - When a coordinate is changed from it's original value we flag it and record what has changed. It appears with a "red flag" in ADT, which the changes can be viewed by clicking on the flag.
- New Cad Engine (FelixCAD 6.0)
- Custome Linetypes
- Grips
- Dockable Toolbars
- Cad Properties Editor
- Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) support

And a lot more........................... My goal for this upgrade is to enhance what is already there and add some feature that our customers can use on a daily basis.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Great!

Postby T.M. Moretz » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:55 pm

:D That sounds like a great program in the works, Jason. I look forward to the release. Just let me know if you need any help testing it.
T.M. Moretz

Return to MicroSurvey CAD