Horizontal Alignment Labeling

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Horizontal Alignment Labeling

Postby zubler » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:10 am

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to use the Horizontal Alignment Labeling Routine. I have a project that spans 160 km, because it runs primarily north/south I have computed 1 combined factor for the whole project. I have applied the factor in all the right place in MicroSurvey and have had no problems in any of my calculations over the life of the job... Until Saturday... Why does the Horizontal Labeling routine not take into account the combine factor like it does in the Distance Labeling routine? It gave me Grid chainages not Ground chainages, after I figured this out, I had to (in Excel) multiply all the chainages by the inverse of the combined factor to get Ground chainages. Is there a better way to do this???

Also is there an option toggle where you can chose how the stations are labeled? For example we prefer to label chainages like 159+263.50 instead of 1596+26.35 which is how it is done in MicroSurvey.

Thanks,
Kirby
zubler

Alignment Labeling

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:43 am

You are correct. The Alignment Labeling routine does not have any factors applied to it. It uses the actual distance measured in the drawing to set the label. This was not something anticipated when that routine was written. I will pass it on to the programming staff to see what they can do for the future.

The following link takes you to a technical note on the labeling, that should help you with the number of digits between the + and . and after the decimal.

http://www.microsurvey.com/support/shar ... beling.htm

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD