Digital Submission

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Digital Submission

Postby Curious » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:07 am

Hi there,
I was just wondering if other people in Alberta are using Microsurvey for drafting, what format are you submitting your digital plans in? Are you saving them as dwg? I have been doing this, but I find that everytime I switch back and forth between AutoCAD and Microsurvey I lose some linetypes and sometimes a little bit of hatching. Myabe I just need to spend more time playing with settings to make these more compatible? I also find that the linetype scale always changes from 1 to 346.57 (or something like that.) I spend alot of time messing around with file format conversions. Any advice or suggestions from anybody would be great. Thanks...
Curious

Alberta

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:03 am

First thing I would suggest is to make sure you are running the most current version of our software. That would be MSCAD2002 SP#4.

We have many users in Alberta submitting plans daily so I am sure it will work well for you too.

To my understanding, you need to submit a plot file as well as a DWG file. If this is the case, I wrote an artical for the Alberta Land Surveyors Magazine a couple of years ago (March 2000, Vol 29-1, Page 41), it was also posted on our web-site at: http://www.microsurvey.com/support/shar ... ersion.htm
Along with the current verison of MSCAD, this artical may help you with some of these items.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD