HELP

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

HELP

Postby TPM2003 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:50 am

I JUST STARTED WORKING FOR A ROAD COMMISSION IN SOUTHERN MICHIGAN AND I WOULD LIKE TO DOWN LOAD SOME DATA FROM A HP-48 WITH A DR-48 PROGRAM CARD FROM NIKON ALSO I HAVE THE (TRANSIT) DATA CONVERSION SOFTWARE . i JUST CAN'T SEEM TO TRANSFER FROM THE DATA RECORDER TO THE PC. i OPEN TRANSIT AND GO TO THE PULL DOWN MENU TRANSFER SELECT THE TRANSFER TO PC OPTION AND A SCEEN COMES UP AND I FILL IN THE BOXES , THE FIRST BOX IS ( DATA RECORDER): DR-48, THE NEXT BOX IS ( DATA FORMAT): DR-48 FORMAT, THE NEXT BOX IS (JOB NAME): SEEMS LIKE I CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN THIS BOX KEEPS SAYING INVALID FILE NAME SO I JUST LEAVE WHATS IN THERE *.d48 AND THE NEXT BOX IS ( DIRECTORIES DEFAULT IS C:\TRANSIT\DOWNLOAD SO I LEAVE THAT ONE ALONE THE NEXT BOX IS ( DRIVE) I USE C: DRIVE, THEN I CLICK ON THE OK BUTTON AND NOTHING HAPPENS THE BOOK SAYS THERE'S SOPPOSED TO BE AN ALERT BOX TELLING YOU TO START THE DATA RECORDER TO SEND DATA BUT I DON'T GET ANYTHING.
TPM2003

Postby rwhatman » Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:30 am

I think you know the problem (INVALID FILE NAME)

I don't have the program or that data collector so I can't help a lot.

Maybe just point in the right direction.

You will have to find a way to put a valid name in that box.

If the program reads the name from your data collector find out what you named it.

Data collector should have had you name the file before you started.

Good luck
rwhatman

DR-48

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:20 pm

When downloading the DR-48 in MSCAD, when it asks you for the file name, it shows you the default of where the file is neing saved. You need to add to that line, the name of the file with an extension.
C:\SAMPLES\010101.msj\ would be an example that you would see - then you add the job name (number) with extension, example JOB2000.RAW .

If you are using another program to download then you would have to refer to their guide for assistance.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD