how to do a quarrying using microsurvey

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

how to do a quarrying using microsurvey

Postby nfr » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:35 pm

i'm new to this software, how to do quarrying using this software, and how to make a 60 degree slope?

thank's
nfr

quarrying

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:05 am

That is a very long and involved topic - to do this I can not cover it all in this forum.

There is one example, covered in the training movies included with the program on the CD, that discusses doing cut/fill quantities for a quarry.

Another movie about contours also covers the AutoSite Design command, that may help with some of the slopes, etc.

There is an ISLOPE command to do slope intersections as well.

This should get you going in the right direction. Then when you have short specific questions, I am sure you will get some help in here. Generic questions like "how do you do ?" where the topic of discussion is so large, just do not fit well here. Most people will not type in the required 20 pages of information to answer such a question. But they will type in half a page to answer short specific questions.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby nfr » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:49 pm

thank's i'm in right direction now, but still confuse with islope especially left, right and both side. sometimes i succed sometimes fail.

nfr
nfr

Islope

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:53 pm

This may help you,

Slope Side Control
The slope may be projected on either side or on both sides of the control line. If you were to stand on the first vertex of the control line and look at the second vertex, the right side is to your right and the left side is to your left. You may reverse the vertex order in any line, 2D or 3D polyline using the Swap ends command. The Select point option allows you to graphically pick the desired side without reference to right or left.

Both Sides
Projects slopes from both sides of the control line. Default. This is the typical selection for Apply Section.
Right Side
Projects slopes from right side only of the control line as seen from its first vertex.
Left Side
Projects slopes from left side only of the control line as seen from its first vertex.
Select Point
Allows you to graphically pick on which side to project the slope. This is the typical selection for Intersect Slope.
No Slope Intersection
No slope intersections are calculated. This option is for use with the Apply Section command where the resulting 3D polylines from sweeping the section template along a polyline path are desired, but no surface intersection polylines are needed. This would be analogous to extruding the cross section only.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby nfr » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:47 pm

thank's, i understand, now i can make what i want, a 60 degrees slope.
but how to select a point in boundary without selecting the whole point. i just want the point inside the boundary and delete it to make the floor horisontal, currently i manually delete the point.
nfr

Return to MicroSurvey CAD