MSCAD2004 Raster Images

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MSCAD2004 Raster Images

Postby Scott Partridge » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:32 am

I can insert/reference a 1:50000 topo map in the background of my MSCAD2004 file and print it. Way cool.

If I wanted to be able to view one of many raster images in a given drawing, say a topo map, resource map, air photo, etc. and toggle between them, is there a way it can be done? I started playing around with inserting each raster on a specific layer and freeze/thawing the layers but only the image border is affected.

Admittedly, I haven't tried very hard to do this yet. Just thought I'd ask the question before I began spinning my wheels in the mud.
Scott Partridge

2004 Rasters

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:45 pm

I do not see a way to show only the desired raster, if moire than one are in the job. The HIDERASTER command seems to be an all or none option with SHOWRASTER to bring them back. Layering does not affect the rasters, just the red borders (not sure what the red borders do for you other than let you pick the image to move, edit, etc.).

Looks like if you needs 3 or 4 rasters on top of each other BUT only one at a time for plotting - you may have to manually insert and remove them as required.

Cheers,
Last edited by Glen Cameron on Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Scott Partridge » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:37 pm

Thanks Glen. This isn't a major issue anyway since the rasters are external to the drawing to begin with and I'd never load more than one at a time. You just confirmed what I already suspected.

I've already mapped out a way to toggle through them with a custom dialog and a bit of lisp programming when I have the time to code it.
Scott Partridge

Return to MicroSurvey CAD