I deleted an .MSD file.....

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

I deleted an .MSD file.....

Postby T.M. Moretz » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:24 am

:oops: but I have the ASCII file with all of the points, about 300+. The drawing has all of the point numbers, nodes, descriptions and shapes still on the screen. If I import the ASCII file then these will be duplicated on the screen. It seems that I could erase them and then import the ASCII but the doubled shapes will be the problem, some have had to be rotated and/or moved a little to fit. Could I turn off the Automap somehow and then import the points back onto the screen without bringing in new shapes? I think this would be all I need. Sure, the lines and curves would lose their MSCAD properties but that's okay in this case. Thanks.
T.M. Moretz

MBK

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:50 am

Look and see if you have a MBK file in the folder where you have the job. If so then rename it to MSD and open the drawing again with Audit turned on. (check mark right above the open button in the Project Manager).

If you do not have it then go ahead and open the FLX file with Audit on anyway - it will do a comparison between the drawing and database and build you a new database based upon the drawing.

If you are already in the FLX and did not audit - then go to the MicroSurvey menu -> DataBase Utilities -> Update Database from Drawing. This should build you a new database from the drawing.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD