[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Can't print raster images

Can't print raster images

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Can't print raster images

Postby kysurveyor » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:23 pm

I have a drawing with a raster image inserted. All of the entities print except the raster. I tried a Lexmark and 2HP printers. Am I doing something wrong?
kysurveyor

Postby ianw2 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:02 pm

I don't know what you're doing, but I print raster images just fine. I use a Brother MFC6800 laser printer, a Epson C82 ink jet printer, an HP 488CA ink jet plotter and Adobe Por 6.0. No problems printing to any of these printers. In fact, even if I have my pen table set for black and white line work, the raster will print in color on the color printers.

Can you post your standard procedure?
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Postby rwhatman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:05 am

Check your printer properties. I have seen it some where that you have to set the printer to print images.
rwhatman

Postby kysurveyor » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:24 am

I checked the printer props. All I could find is "print colors as greyscale", but maybe I have overlooked something.

The image is a tiff, and it displays in the print preview, but not on paper.
kysurveyor

Also Cannot Print Raster Images

Postby jtwf » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:47 pm

I too cannot print any raster images. They come up fine in the preview pain, but will not print. Has anyone else been having this problem and found a resolution to it. It is a little unusual but we are also using an HP 450c Plotter and a Lexmark printer. Neither will print the raster images. I noticed in the above posting that they were also using a lexmark printer and an HP printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[/b]
jtwf

Postby John Gallagher » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:00 am

Here's something to try,see if your plotter has a setting to process the image on the hard drive as opposed to using the plotters on board memory.
We had some trouble printing raster images,especially large .tiff files,and this solution solved the problem.
John Gallagher
John Gallagher

Postby Rusty Collyer » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:05 pm

Try this on large format HP Plotters

Print
Printer Setup/Properties
Advanced
Optimize for images needs to be checked

I've never had any problems with raster images plotting to an HP laserjet desktop printer - only once or twice on my large format plotter - and checking the "optimize for images" box has cured it every time.

I have an HP-GL 2 card in my HP 500 plotter and run very large (sometimes >100 Meg) plot files without any problem - if you don't have an HP-GL 2 card with add'l memory you may need to play around with the computers spooling setup.

Hope this helps.....

Rusty
Rusty Collyer

Raster Image Problem Fixed

Postby jtwf » Wed May 04, 2005 6:43 pm

We were able to fix the problem by changing drivers and tweaking printer settings. Thanks for the help.
jtwf

Return to MicroSurvey CAD