IMPORT CaiCE FILES?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

JTELDER

IMPORT CaiCE FILES?

Post by JTELDER » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:58 pm

CAN MSCAD 2004 WORK WITH CaiCE FILES SUCH AS (.kcm) OR (.end) FILES? I'VE BEEN ALL OVER THE HELP FILES, AND LOOKED THRU THE POSTS, BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY INFO ON IT. WE DO D.O.T. WORK IN GA, AND THE GA D.O.T. USES CaiCE. I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH AutoCAD R14, AND TO USE THE D.O.T. FILES IN IT REQUIRES SOME TIME CONSUMING FORMATTING USING DATABASE PROGRAMS TO GENERATE FILES IT COULD READ. I WIND UP WITH P,N,E,Z,D.csv FILES THAT I HAVE IMPORTED INTO MSCAD WITH NO PROBLEMS, BUT IF YOU HAVE A ROUTINE TO IMPORT THESE FILES DIRECTLY, I WOULD BE A HAPPY BOY! JUST GETTING TO KNOW YOUR PROGRAM, BUT I SEE A LOT OF POTENTIAL IN IT, AND WE REALLY HAVE ENJOYED THE SEAMLESS WAY THAT THE PROGRAM TIES TO FIELDGENIUS. HAVEN'T WORKED THE KINKS OUT OF AUTOMAPPING YET, BUT WE CAN SEE WHERE IT COULD LEAD WITH A LITTLE TIME AND PRACTICE. THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON THIS.

Glen Cameron

Caice

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:21 am

MSCAD2004 does have a command to export to Caice - it is "CAICEOUT" and contains the coordinates and figures from FG. We do not have another one to read in from Caice but we can read in a DWG or DXF file as well as the XYZ file formats.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario