Vertical Curves

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Vert

Vertical Curves

Post by Vert » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:45 pm

Can you please add in a command to allow us to calculate vertical curves without having to do anything fancy? I can do it with my calculator but it would be nice if you could add it into this program and give a printout report of all the information.

Vert

Jerry Johnson

Vert Curve Labels

Post by Jerry Johnson » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:06 am

And please add the abillity to label them, in fact any point along a design profile. Unsymetrical?

Glen Cameron

Vertical Curves

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:54 am

Thank you both for the valuable input and your suggestions have been added to the wish list for future development.

An interesting note on the side, the ability to calculate vertical curve information without having to have a road actually designed, was originally included in our old DOS based program back in the early 90's. We will revisit this and see what can be done in the future for MSCAD.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

DKNTEC

Vertical Curves

Post by DKNTEC » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:53 pm

Is there any way yet to draw a simple vertical curve (parabolic curve) in MSCADD 2005, (or with an add-in routine of some sort?) in simple profile design?
Without getting into AutoRoute?
If not, hope to see it in MSCAD 2008!
Thx

Rusty Stumpff

vertical curve

Post by Rusty Stumpff » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:44 am

I would also like to see vertical curve calculations in MSCAD. I haven't had a chance to try MSCAD 2008. Are there vertical curve calcs in the 2008 release? If not I sure would like to see it soon. We are still using DOS programs to calculate vertical curves. I sure would like to step out of that era. Please help!

Rusty
I'm working on a new signature.

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:01 am

Unfortunately this was not added to the lasterst version of MicroSurvey CAD. It is still on the wish list for the development team to explore for the future. Unfortunately, not everything can be added, that is asked for, for each new version.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario