Raster image properties aren't saving.

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Raster image properties aren't saving.

Postby Casual23 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:55 am

In MSCad 2004 how do you save the image properties. When I insert a raster image to use on a drawing. i.e. a scanned tax map for a key map on my drawing. So when I go to open the drawing and make some revisions the image is no longer there. In MSCad 2002 there was a way to save the image properties so it would know the size, insertion point, and so on. Is this a alredy known problem? Any suggestions or replys would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Casual23
Casual23

Postby ianw2 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:56 pm

Casual23:

Of course, it's been said that we use the program differently than most, but we haven't had any problems with raster images in our drawings. We use rasters regularly.

In fact, we rely on raster images as a security tool! Our logo is a BMP we drop into our title blocks. Undernearth the image, we have a wee text message that says "Not IWLS Drawing". The raster covers it up when we plot in our office. If someone else takes our electronic file and plots it, they don't have the raster image. The text message shows up. End of story! I would be screaming bloody murder if I had to drop our logo in every time I opened the drawing!

We also drop raster inmages of Streets&Trips maps into our maps and traced over the image to produce Vicinity Maps.

All in all, raster images are handles by 2004 MUCH better than 2002!

Anyone else experienceing Casual23's problem?
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Postby rwhatman » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:05 am

As I have learned the hard way. We don't all have the same problems.
I find no problems saving a image. Now saying that.

Can Casul23 give more details of your problem. What is the image format
that you are inserting. Have you tried different formats. What is the image
size. What version of MsCAD2004 ? SP6

There are many more details that I don't have time to ask for.

The more details you give, the quicker your problem will be solved.

Richard
rwhatman

Raster not loading

Postby Casual23 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:19 am

Upon further troubleshooting, I loaded another drawing with a raster and it loaded the raster in the desired location. Maybe it is just that file and I will have to just deal with it. Because today I this morning I just loaded the problem drawing and no raster. Thank You for everyone's input. :)
Casual23

rASTER IMAGES NOT BEING SAVED IN ACAD FORMAT?

Postby [email protected] » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:57 am

I TOO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS SAVING AS A ACAD FILE. I HAVE TO SAVE AS A ACAD OR OTHER MAINSTREAM FILE TYPE TO GET THE PLOTS PRINTED AT A SERVICE BUREAU. I THINK IT IS NO GOOD THAT ALL OF THE DRAWING IMAGES AND ATACHEMENTS CANT BE SAVED TO A UNIVERSAL FORMAT FOR PLOTTING PURPOSES IE PDF OR HPGL.

ANY HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE.

:( :( :( :(
[email protected]

Rasters

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am

Here is the same reply I sent you via email:

"Unfortunately, AutoCAD and MSCAD2004 do things differently with respect to how the raster images are saved in the drawing. So when you save to a DWG file format, the raster image will not be part of the file.

I just tested the PDF995 ( http://www.microsurvey.com/support/shar ... te-pdf.htm ) print driver and it does show the raster as part of the final document. So using the PDF955 driver to create a PDF file format should work for you."

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD