Permission violation

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Permission violation

Postby Carole S » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:57 am

We have two stations running MicroSurvey CAD 2000 SP4 and until early June had no problem swapping data back and forth. However, a temporary employee was in the seat for four days and since then we have had some weird problems. One of them is a "permission violation" message that comes up, seemingly at random that causes the drawing to crash and when re-opened, the database has been stripped clean--no points left in the file, no way to rebuild them from the drawing. Needless to say, this is a concern. We downloaded the most recent SP to that station (which I don't think had been done previously) and this has not helped. If I try to work off that drive, I can experience this "permission" problem but if I copy the files to my drive, the problem doesn't re-occur. Unfortunately, my co-worker has to work off that drive (it's her station) so she continues have this problem. Any idea what to do?
Also, if she changes any text that is data-based( like moves it, edits or rotates it), saves and closes a drawing, when she reopens it, the changes are not saved. Why would that be?
I would note that I am not having any of these problems unless I work off her drive. I am running the same version--I just updated mine some time previously.
Thanks for your help.
Carole S

MSCAD2004

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:34 pm

I think the best course of action in this case would be to uninstall the MSCAD2004 program - then erase the MSCAD2004 folder and it's contents - then do a clean install of MSCAD2004. Then grab SP#8 to bring you current.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Michelle » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:00 pm

I reinstalled the program and now my mouse scrolls the wrong direction, any suggestions on how fix this,
Michelle
Michelle

Return to MicroSurvey CAD