deleted pst files

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

deleted pst files

Postby Cathy » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:17 am

Hello.
If I deleted some files using the project manager and said yes to deleting all of the associated files as well is there any way to recover the pst files?
Thanks.
Cathy

Postby Mark Budgen » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:15 pm

Hi Cathy,

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to recover from this. Did you have the Automatic save feature enabled in the Configuration Dialog Box? If so, you can go and check in your c:\temp\ directory and look for files with an SAV extension:

Example - ASAVE1_2.SAV

If you change the SAV extension to FLX, you can then open the file with MicroSurvey CAD. Look at the date and time of the SAV file to determine which file may be the correct one. Once this is done, if you open the file in MicroSurvey with the audit toggled on, we will re-construct the databse from information stored in the drawing file. If you had any raw data in the database (traverse information) it will be lost. The coordinate data will be recovered. I hope this will help with your situation.
Mark Budgen

deleted files

Postby Vincent Popish » Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:08 am

the recycle bin should still have the deleted files, just go to the recycle bin and restore the files you deleted.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:16 am

Actually Vincent, the Recycle basket wouldn't have anything in it if the Delete command was run from inside of MSCAD. We do not put the files into the basket and do delete them completely. You are correct if you delete the files using Windows Explorer or My Computer.

Merry Christmas,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD