[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Traverse Adjustments

Traverse Adjustments

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Traverse Adjustments

Postby Mark2004 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:48 am

Hi there,

We recently switched over to microsurvey and I'm using it about 75% of the time and the old software 25% the rest of the time. I am at the point that I would like to do all of my traverse balancing in Microsurvey, but I am having some problems getting going. I tried to calculate a closure report on a small traverse we ran behind the office, and when I do the program tells me that I have an angular misclosure of about 89 degrees (which ins't correct... the actual angluar misclosure is quite small). I have followed the example as shown in the movie exactly, so it leads me to believe that something isn't right with the data from my raw data file. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

Mark
Mark2004

Traverse Angular Adjust

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:50 pm

The first question I would ask is what Service Patch are you running with MSCAD 2004? The current one (as of today) is SP#9. If you don't have this installed, I would suggest doing so and then recheck the steps to do the adjustment you desire.

If there is no change then please feel free to email me the FLX and MSD files for that job and I would be happy to examine them for you.

My email address is support@microsurvey.com

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Closure Routine

Postby Cade Brown » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:59 am

I have the same type of problem with the traverse closure routine in MSCAD. It seems to ignore my last setup when using a closed traverse giving an incorrect angular misclosure. The traverse closure routine, on the same raw file, gives the correct results in Field Genius but running the closure routine in MSCAD results in an incorrect closure report. There doesn't seem to be a smooth translation from the FG file to MSCAD. The traverse closure routine in MSCAD has been really frustrating to everyone in the office all the way back to MSEXPRESS. I've found it much faster and in many times safer to do a compass adjustment by hand. I really wish Microsurvey would put some more time into the traverse closure and adjustment routine.

I have been using FG 1.7 and SP9 with MSCAD
Cade Brown

Adjustments

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:19 pm

If anyone has a problem with any traverse calculating correctly or adjusting correctly - I would love to get a copy of the FLX and MSD file so I can see it and determine what is happening. (please detail what you think should be happening vs what you see happening so I know where to start digging)

If the job originated in FG2004 then I would also love to get a copy of the files from FG so I can do comparisons between the two.

Please email the files to me at support@microsurvey.com

At the time of this posting the current version of FG2004 is 1.0.8 and MSCAD is SP#9.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD