Renumber Points

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

CHRIS L

Renumber Points

Post by CHRIS L » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:02 pm

I'm trying to renumber a point list I just uploaded and its not changing anything. I am trying to do it out of the active coord editor. Our Leica GPS autocollect numbers the points with a timestamp which is basically a number such as 27461234. I only want the point numbers to read 1234 (thousands) Since the file contains about 2000 points. So what is the best way for me to get this done....I really dont want to use 8 digit point numbers
Thanks
Chris

Ed Gasbarre

Renumber Points

Post by Ed Gasbarre » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:40 pm

I too have trouble using the Active Coordinate Editor for this procedure.

Use RENUMBER POINTS under the MSPOINTS pulldown menu. The result is instant so you may want to try it first on a bogus file.

Glen Cameron

Active Coordinate Editor - Renumber

Post by Glen Cameron » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:11 am

I just tried a renumber option in a simple job and it worked fine for me. I simply highlight all of the points I wish to renumber - then choose renumber. You have the option of the starting point or an additive value to add to each point number. You do have to make sure Point Protection is off (and it prompts you to allow it to turn it off if it is on).

Another things to note - MSCAD can only handle point numbers in our database up to 999,999 so the point value you have being read in would not be valid in our program and would possibly give weird results. This may be why the renumber option is not working for you.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

CHRIS L

Post by CHRIS L » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:35 am

THANKS GLEN AND ED GOT IT WORKED OUT IN QUATRO PRO DATA PROGRAM....IT WAS PROBALLY THE 27000000 POINT NUMBER RANGE IS MOST LIKELY WHY IT WASN'T WORKING
THANKS

Glen A. Quarmby

Renumber points

Post by Glen A. Quarmby » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:34 pm

How about adding an option to subtract a constant from existing point numbers?
Sometimes I want to compress the point number range prior to uploading it to the data collector while maintaining the number series.[/quote]

Glen Cameron

Renumber

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:15 pm

Interesting thought Glen - I will pass it along to be added to the wish list.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario