Suggestions??

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Paul the Cad guy

Suggestions??

Post by Paul the Cad guy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:51 pm

I have two requests that you include in the new version of MSCad.

1: I would really, really like it if you could draw a fence by entering point numbers as you would drawing property lines.

2: I would like it if the snaps didn't turn themselves off all the time. It would be nice if they would stay as you set them until you change them yourself. :evil:

Glen Cameron

Thoughts

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:12 pm

1) In MSCAD2004 there are linetypes that may help you rather than using the Fenceline command. The linetypes can be used on any layer so the linework takes on the linetype when you inverse or draw a line.
Fenceline 3 linetype is very similar output to the fenceline command.

2) This has been requested and added to our wish list already. The osnaps will remain as you set them, until, or unless one of the survey related routines changes them so do something specific in that routine. It was added to our list to record what the osnaps are set to and then do the change we require - then reset the osnaps after the routine has ended. It is in the hands of our developers, and is not as easy as one would think, to do, so it will be done when they get it all worked out. No time table set for this right now.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario