SCALE COMMAND

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

SCALE COMMAND

Postby bobL » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:33 am

I'm trying to do a rescale from feet to meters, when I go to scale in the modify menu it tells me its an unknown command? We have MSCAD
SP9.
bobL

scale

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:42 am

Do any of the other commands work from that menu or other menus? Do you have a drawing open? Has the command worked before? What has changed since then, if anything?

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

scale

Postby bobL » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:21 pm

We are running Cad on two different computers in our office. All of the other commands in that menu work on both stations. Drawings are open when this going on, and this happened to once me before but I never had time to chase it down. Usually we try to sort out units in the field to avoid having to do any kind of rescale or conversion in the office.
bobL

Scale

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:58 pm

That sounds very strange. If it is happening all of the time, in all drawings, then I think it would be best if we connected via the internet so I can see and examine your system remotely.

If it is happening in only 1 drawing, on both machines, then maybe if you email me the FLX and MSD files for that job, I can test them here and see if I also get the problem.

Call me on Monday, and we can discuss this further.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Scale

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:27 pm

Richard Sands sent me an email saying that he has seen similar problems in the modelling menu.
"I have similar problems in Modelling where I type a command or invoke from palette and it says it doesn't recognise. A close and reopen of MSCAD fixes the issue. I use SP9."

Have you tried closing the program and reopeneing it when you see the error? Did it make any difference?

I can't reproduce it here as yet (after many tries). Maybe a reinstall of SP#9 may help.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

scale

Postby bobL » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:53 pm

Spoke with Glen and Scale command under Modify only works if you are running Mscad premium or standard, not with basic, otherwise you have to scale under the Mspoints menu. Sorry hope I didn't muddy the waters!
bobL

Return to MicroSurvey CAD