In response to toolbars not acting right post

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

casual22

In response to toolbars not acting right post

Post by casual22 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:54 am

The answer I recieved from Microsurvey is just unacceptable. We have been loyal to all of the upgrades and service packs. This upgrade to 2004 has been dreadful. We may have to start looking at other software that works correctly. If anything I think that any current owner of 2004 should recieve a free copy of 2005. :x

Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Post by Darcy Detlor » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:21 pm

Hello Casual22,

Unfortunately we cannot give away MSCAD 2005 for free.

We have been working for more than six months on the development of the next version of the software, and if we gave all our customers a free copy, then we would not make the income we need to build the next version. Development would cease, and I am sure that our customers want us to succeed so we keep up with all the changes that rain down on us just trying to stay current with computer hardware changes and Windows re-writes.

We are going to offer the next version at a lower price than previous versions to try to compensate for some of the issues that our customers have experienced. I expect that the 2005 upgrade (which adds some features far beyond 2004) will be less than 1/2 the price of the 2002 -->2004 upgrade.

We will be announcing it in the next month.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com

Richard Sands

TOOLBARS

Post by Richard Sands » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:04 pm

I have found that despite the toolbars going array I have been able to get them back without reinstalling MSCAD.
I normally park my toolbars along top and sides of screen. Something happened and the screen was full of toolbars on opening and I couldn't get them parked along the top as I would like. They would stay in place and aligned OK along the bottom though which didn't really bother me.
I have found to that some problems that appear along the way arise from the PC being left on for days/ weeks without restarting Windows. The moment I have a problem that seems odd and Windows has been running overtime I turn off my PC and start afresh. Having said that I know this problem doesn't always respect this logic.
regards
Richard