Cross Section Settings

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Cross Section Settings

Postby dmoses » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:17 pm

I am trying to change the way my cross sections plot. I am going to MsModeling>Configuration Settings>Cross Sections>Graph. When I set opitons in this window, they do not get saved. I can set the options, get out the the settings dialog and get right back in. When I do, the setting all back to Auto?
dmoses

Defaults in the Cross Section dialog

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:04 am

I see the same thing happening here. My questions to you are, what are you attempting to control in here? Which routine are you running to do your cross sections? Are you running AutoRoute or are you attempting to do everything manually using the basic commnds in modelling? Normally if you are running our AutoRoute routine, this dialog would never be used as the control items are handled elsewhere. If you are doing it manually, you may find that if you set what you need in the dialog, it would be used - if you check the dialog, then you have to reset them again.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby dmoses » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:19 pm

I am using AutoRoute (MsDesign>AutoRoute>Extract Cross Sections from Alignment) to make the sections. I am trying to set the elevation range for each section and the text size of the station and offset labels.

You can create cross sections from the modelling menu?
dmoses

Cross Sections

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:05 am

The AutoRoute Cross Section routine uses the current text size for the labeling. You do not have any options to set the rotation of the lables. The size of the grid is either All the same size or Fit to section.

All the same size means that all grids will have the same range in elevation where the Fit to section means the grid will be based upon each sections elevations. You have no other control over this.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD