The case of the missing (standard) toolbars

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

The case of the missing (standard) toolbars

Postby Rusty Collyer » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:33 pm

Read a few posts on toolbars - haven't seen this one posted and didn't find it in the FAQs... Lost my standard Options & Properties Toolbars - done the usual - moved other toolbars around in case something got put on top - no luck. Tried clearing/resetting all the toolbar check boxes - still no luck -

On the toolbars menu the Edit and Delete buttons are grayed out on my Options and Toolbars Menus - all other toolbars are okay... The others all have Add, Edit and Delete buttons working....

Did a search for a .mnp file to Add the Options and Property toolbars back in - didn't find anthing that specifically looks like an Options or Properties .mnp file - found all the rest in their MSCAD directories...

Did my Options and Properties toolbars vanish? Best way to fix this? Can the appropriate .mnp files be copied back in or does this require a more serious solution?

Thanks,

Rusty
Rusty Collyer

Toolbar

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:00 am

The Options and Properties Toolbar is hard built into the program and is not a normal MNP file, so we can't simply copy it or load it, etc.

If you have already ensured that the checkmark is on for that toolbar, then it should be on screen. It may be right on the edge of the screen or under another. You said you moved the toobars around and couldn't find it - did you also move the menu at the top of the screen? I have seen it hide under the menu.

If you still can't find it, we can delete a registry key which will force all of the toolbars to go to the middle of the screen, stacked up, then you can move them to the desired location. But let's hold off on that untill you confirm you wish to try it being you still can't locate the toolbar.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

The plot thickens

Postby Rusty Collyer » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:24 pm

Glenn - Thanks for the quick reply - They have you working on Saturdays now? Time to ask for a raise! ;)

Doing a little work at home this weekend on my laptop - Fairly new HP Pavilion - start it up tonight and .... They're back!!.... My Options and property toolbars are right where they should be.... "Splain" that one, eh?

I turn a few more toolbars on and start moving them around but they're all acting "goofy" - not docking properly, etc. At one time tonight I had six lines of toolbars at the top of the screen - only one would stay on a line at a time - some would not dock/move at all if moved onto an open area on another toolbar row....

Seems specific to the laptop - I don't have the problem on my desktop at work...

More thoughts??

If you want to post or email me the registry key modification to set all the toolbars on top of each in the middle of the screen other I'll try it and reset the toolbars. I've done the regedit thing before.

Thanks Glenn,

Rusty
Rusty Collyer

toolbars

Postby Glen Cameron » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:45 pm

After a MSCAD2004 crash and if the toolbars act up, try this:
In Windows, go to the start button then pick on RUN. Type in REGEDIT then you can delete the following entry in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MSCAD2004\MSCAD2004. Then exit the editor. After that all palettes appear again in the middle of the drawing screen.

For the novice user - please do not try it on your own - call Tech Support for help!

We do not officially work weekends, but I do try to help people all the time and because the internet is available 24/7, it is easy to check in once in a while and post answers if I am able. We are #1 ranked in tech support by the P.O.B. Magazine and have been for 3 of the last 4 years! This is one of the many reasons why! We are always glad to assist you when we are able!

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

All Better Now!

Postby Rusty Collyer » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:49 pm

Glenn -

Thanks for posting the regedit delete - works like a charm - my toolbars all came back in at the middle of the screen - reset them - they're all "behaving" again - life is good.....

Tech Support on a Sunday! Thanks!!

Rusty
Rusty Collyer

Return to MicroSurvey CAD