[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Width Setting For Curved Polylines

Width Setting For Curved Polylines

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Width Setting For Curved Polylines

Postby ch51 » Thu May 05, 2005 8:05 am

I can't figure this one ... and I'm sure there are several solutions.
I simply want a curved polyline to be a thick line - and I want to be able to define that width. I've tried several methods - but my curved polyline always ends up skinny.
ch51

pline width

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu May 05, 2005 12:42 pm

A smoothed polyline can not maintain a width to it in MSCAD2004 due to the CAD Engine. (MSCAD2005 will solve this issue - coming soon!)

The only way to get a width on it would be to set it to a color that has the pen width set, for when you plot the drawing.

Typically, all pen widths are set in the print command, under the configure option, to allow linework, text, etc. to plot to paper with the desired pen widths, all based upon the color that the entity was originally drawn with.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby artb » Thu May 19, 2005 8:32 pm

I provided a Lisp routine that would allow you to pick any number of lines (straight or curved). The routine would then convert them to polyines and set them at the width that you set for them. This is done as you pick each line.

I know that it works perfectly in MS2001 -- But it looks like Microsurvey may have changed something in their programs after 2001 (According to Glens response to your problem with MS2004) so my lisp routine may not work for 2004. In any case my Lisp routine was placed on this web site December 11, 2004. Ck it out 'cause it just may work for you.

Art block
artb
artb

Return to MicroSurvey CAD