[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - TLMODE

TLMODE

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TLMODE

Postby GEM » Mon May 16, 2005 9:13 am

It appears that layout view and model view have become switched in one of my files. All model info is displayed in the layout view, but all the linework and text are scaling correctly. When I change to model space, my title sheet displays. When I try to create a layout view port, a window opens that displays the line work from what is to be my title block page. Have you seen this before?
GEM

TLMODE

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon May 16, 2005 11:49 am

This is possible if you have started the job in Layout Mode and read in your points and done all of the drafting, etc. Then switching to Model Space (thinking you were going the other way), then inserting your title block, etc.

The problem is that the drawing is not in model space so you can't go to layout mode and create viewports.

The only real way to solve this is to start a new job - make sure it is in Model Space - then run (with the original job closed) the command to Transfer Points between MSCAD jobs, in the new job. This will bring the points across to the new job. Then you would need to go back to the original job and freeze all of the point layers (Mspoint, Point number, Elevation and Description) and run the Copy to Clipboard command on all of the other linwork and text, etc. Then paste it into the new drawing in Model Space.

Then do what you need to in Layout Mode to complete the job.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

TLMODE

Postby GEM » Tue May 17, 2005 6:38 am

I appreciate your review of this issue. I was able to proceed before I saw your post using a technique similar to what you described. I am somewhat sure that I was not in layout mode when I did the cogo input for the underlying data. Wouldn't this be that case since all the data scaled correctly to the inputed values?
GEM

TLMODE

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue May 17, 2005 11:14 am

Actually, if you read in data into Layout Mode, it will behave the same as in Model Space for everything including scaling and labeling.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD