2?? Lot Closure & Importing JPEGS

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

CT

2?? Lot Closure & Importing JPEGS

Post by CT » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:53 am

Would it be possible to change the Lot Closure program to allow alpha characters in the Lot Closure Number label?

Reason being, is that we have to provide the County Engineer's Office a closure report and rarely are the parcels just a lot number. Example: Parcel A, or Tract B, or Lot 1-B, etc.

Second question-how do you, or can you, insert jpeg & bitmap files? I haven't find anything on that in the help files.

Thank you.

CT

Glen Cameron

Raster

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:09 am

At present time the lots can not be labeled as you have asked. It is on the list to be added when the programmers can get to it.

In MSCAD2004 - you can add a raster image to the drawing by running the command IMAGE (also available from the View menu -> Raster -> Insert Image). You can insert a BMP, JPG, TIF, RLC or PNG image.

In MSCAD2005 - you can add a raster image to the drawing by running the command IEIMAGE (also available from the View menu -> Raster -> Attach Raster Image). You can insert a BMP, JPG, TIF, CAL, CG4, PG4, G4, DAT, PCX, RAS, BIL, TGA or PNG image.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

CT

Thanks Glen

Post by CT » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:59 am

The labeling change must be a very low priority. I requested that two years ago and got the same response.

I figured it had to be possible to add/import jpegs, etc., but the help file offers few clues.

Thanks Glen.

CT

ianw2

Post by ianw2 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:37 am

The label change is something that I never even thought of.

The county in which I practice most also requires that I submit closure calculations for the parcels I shown on my maps. MicroSurvey’s graphic Lot Closure routines are some of the easiest to work with that I’ve used. There simply isn’t a perfect one out there, but MicroSurvey’s comes closest!

The file is a text file.

The file can be opened in and word processor or text editor. I usually have a text editor open whenever I’m using CAD. I paste the Lot Closure files into a Word document and change the labels to something appropriate to describe the parcel properly.

The concept of this routine was to do exactly what it is called: lot closures for lots in a subdivision (i.e. – Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 3….). It just happens to work nicely for closure calculations for the parcel which I survey.
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044

CT

Post by CT » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:41 pm

Ian, I agree with your comments about the ease of use and copy/paste features of the closure program.

From time to time, generally in the case of a re-subdivision, we do have subdivision lots that are numbered alpha numerically. Such as 1-A, 2-A, etc.

It's just one of the minor annoyances that fall into the abyss of "when the programmers get to it."

CT