Error in fdt_entget_dbhook()!!

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Error in fdt_entget_dbhook()!!

Postby Jerry » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:34 am

Hello,

I recieved a base drawing for Utility lines from an engineer firm. The base is in AutoCad 2000. The drawing has several layers and is to scale with our Site base drawing, but not rotated correctly. So I copyselect the drawing from the engineers to bring to our Site base and Paste it. (The Utility drawing is saved as a flx before I copyselect it) When I go to rotate the Utility drawing (using rotate command since you can not use reference angles on Pasting) I get the error message up above. Also, I am not able to save the drawing after this error message (getting a different error message about saving). I am able to save the drawing before I try to rotate the Pasted utility.

Is there a better way to do this, and what does this error message mean?
Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Jerry

Insert

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:46 pm

Typically, if you need to incorporate a base drawing into an already existing drawing (in other words merge the 2 together), then the best way is to run the INSERT command and insert the External drawing from the hard drive into the currently open drawing. By doing so you bring in the complete layering structure as well as the linework.

By doing the copy/paste, as you tried, you do not bring in the complete layering structure. Only that associated directly with the linework selected.

The Insert command also allows you to rotate the linework as it is being inserted.

Keep in mind that if the drawing being inserted has a survey database then those points are NOT added to the current drawings database. You would need to do a transfer of the points between MSCAD jobs or some other way to export and read them in. This is true for either the insert or the copy/paste routines.

The error you were getting is telling you that it was having a problem getting entities from the drawing database, when trying to select them again.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby rwhatman » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:16 am

Jerry

Delete all hatching before you try to inserting that drawing.

That hook error I have seen and it the hatching.

Remove it and you will have no problems inserting and rotating.

The rotating of the hatching is the problem.
rwhatman

Thanks

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:52 am

Thank you, that solves the problems I was having :D
Jerry

Return to MicroSurvey CAD