[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - MSCAD 2005

MSCAD 2005

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MSCAD 2005

Postby T.M. Moretz » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:48 am

While trying to customize the tool bars I learned the hard way that if you remove the two icons from the left side of the ICAD entity properties bar then the program crashes and the toolbars that you have customized disappear - so don't do this.
I have noticed that sometimes after real-time panning that the zoom window command does not work properly; upon the first click the zoom window will snap to the place that is the same place that I last touched during the last real-time pan and when I second click to finish defining the window I get the message that the program cannot zoom any closer. It's as if the second click is snapping to the same place that the window started. This is the second install of the program and this has occured in both installations.
Is there a way to set the entity snaps to snap to nothing for one click only?
The clear entity snaps clears them all and they must be reset.
Also, is there a way to use one of the snaps for one click only meaning that if I'm drawing a series of lines and I want the next one to snap to nearest, the snap to nearest command is now always active - not just for that one click.
Thanks in advance, Ted
T.M. Moretz

Real-time pan, reversed quadrants

Postby T.M. Moretz » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:34 am

I have the snap to node option running at all times. This seems to be the problem with the panning. If I "grab" to a place on the drawing that activates the "node" fly-over, then, after panning is over, all CAD actions now snap to that node - line, zoom window, circle, etc.
Also, I have noticed that some of the placed bearings (quadrants) are reversed form the direction that the line is drawn. If I left click on the line the CAD lines computation window indicates the correct quad but this is opposite from the label. This is not the case for all lines and I can't find a reason for this.
T.M. Moretz

MSCAD2005

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:49 am

The zoom/pan problem you have reported has been seen by many and has been passed on to the cad manufacturer so they can fix it for the next service patch.

Labeling of lines for bearings, is based upon which end of the line you pick when labeling the line. So if you pick closer to the right end, it will label towards that end - pick closer to the other end of the line and it will reverse the label accordingly.

There is a clear entity snap on the snap toolbar, but it clears them permanently. There is a button near the bottom right of the screen, ESNAP, which may be grey or solid. Right click on it and pick on OFF to turn the snaps off for a pick or two - then right click again and turn them ON again when you need them. The running snaps seem to be maintained throughout.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

ESNAPs

Postby T.M. Moretz » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:54 pm

T.M. Moretz

esnaps

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:40 pm

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron