[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Misc. drafting

Misc. drafting

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Misc. drafting

Postby B.Allen » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:04 am

Hi!

I've been doing some mapping with Microsurvey, and like the software, but keep hitting the same few snags. I've used AutoCAD Softdesk quite a bit, and miss some of the features.

1. Can I insert "crow's feet" and direction of travel arrows on my line labels?
2. Any way to easily query an angle, like just by picking the two lines? Don't necessarily want a dimension that would just need to be erased anyway.
3. Is there a place I can find examples of all the different fonts available?

The answers are probably right in front of me, but darned if I can find them!

Thanks! Beth
B.Allen

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:38 am

1) Sorry, we do not have a routine or symbol created for crowsfeet or direction of travel lines. You can create your own symbol and insert it, but that is a manual process.

2) I would run the DIM Angular command - pick the two lines - then pick on Text to see the angle - then cancel if you don't wish to place it in the drawing.

Example:

: _DIMANGULAR
Press ENTER to specify angle/<Select line, arc, or circle>:
Other line for angular dimension:
Angle/Text/<Location of dimension arc>: T
Dimension text <123%%d>:

3) The FONT command will display a preview sample of any TTF fonts but SHX fonts can not be displayed that way. We do not have any other listing to show the SHX fonts at this time.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby B.Allen » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:43 am

Thankyou for the prompt reply! I feel better knowing that I didn't "miss" those commands! Are commands such as crow's feet and directional arrows something that might be included in future updates, or is there little demand? Several surveyors in this area like to include both on their maps.

Thanks, Beth
B.Allen

Crows feet

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:54 pm

There have been a few customers over the years that have asked for these, but the demand has been low. These features are on the wish list so as the high priority items are completed, the lower priority items are reviewed and may get built in.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD