Profile grid

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Profile grid

Postby Howard Coates » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:55 am

Once MS 2002 has drawn the profile of an existing roadway, I drraw a preliminary line for the design centerline. When drawning the line I llike to use "Implied Intesectiion" to snap to a place where the polyline crosses the grid of the profile. This is where my computer dislikes the snap to implied intersection, as it either locks up or I go for tea to wait for it to calculate the intersection point. The work around that I use is to use the "x-y" filter and the end Point snap to get to the point that I want. Is this a normal happening with profile grids or is it just my computer?[/quote]
Howard Coates

Intersection Osnap

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:39 am

A profile is all 2D so why not simply use the Intersection osnap instead of the Implied Intersection osnap? The Implied Intersection osnap is normally use in 3D situations where there is not a real intersection of linework.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Howard Coates » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:23 pm

Thanks Glen, but
1. When I use the button on the left side toolbar to set the osnap to intersection it works to snap to either the polyline or line and the profile grid .

2. If I use the centre button on my mouse and select intersection, choose any line and the profile grid it gives me "No Valid Point Found" error.

It seems to me that there is a different command set from the button on the tool bar then from the centre button on the mouse, or I've done thing silly in my settings.
Howard Coates

intersection osnap

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:51 am

When you pick the osnap, check the command line to see if they are the same. The Intersection osnap should say _INT and if it says something else then that might explain it. The letters may or may not be in capitals for _int.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD