Turning off point numbering

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

tex_surv

Turning off point numbering

Post by tex_surv » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:36 pm

Is there a way to turn off the yellow point numbers that the cad engine generates? I'm refering to the resizable ones and not the ones that are mapped into the layers on import. They tend to clutter the drawing when I am zoomed out, or even in for that matter.

tex_surv

Nevermind

Post by tex_surv » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:45 pm

I found it, Thanks anyway

Glen Cameron

IPN

Post by Glen Cameron » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:16 am

So that others may be helped as well - what is being described here was the IPN (independent Point Numbers).

They are on by default in every drawing you open. If you wish to turn them off - the easiest way to do this in the long run is to go under the MsPoints menu -> IPN Toolbar. Then place this toolbar in a convienient location on screen. The N button is the switch to turn the IPN OFF and ON. The D is for Descriptions and E for Elevations.

IPN is very handy when zoomed in tight but when zoomed out to the full screen, they become cluttered and you should turn them off.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

Dennis Trill

Post by Dennis Trill » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:55 pm

A useful feature for the next upgrade would be the option to not show IPN's for mspoints that are on a frozen layer. Since we started using RTK GPS, I find a lot of corners have multiple shots. I can put the check shots etc. on a separate layer and freeze that layer, but the IPN's still get displayed, which makes them hard to read.

Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Post by Darcy Detlor » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:23 am

Unfortunately that would slow things down a lot.

With 2005 we are keeping a memory array with all the valid points. That is why you can now roll the mouse in and out and see the numbers update almost instantly. If we had to do a check to see which points where on frozen layers, the speed would decrease drastically, because we would have to analyze the drawing constantly to determine the status of the points.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com