LINETYPES

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

amy

LINETYPES

Post by amy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:24 am

I CHANGED THE PROPERTIES OF A LINE TO BE DASHED AND IT DOES NOT SHOW UP DASHED. IN THE INTELLICAD EXPLORER - LINETYPES WINDOW IT SHOWS THE LINETYPE NAME, LINETYPE DESCRIPTION AND THE LONETYPE APPEARANCE.....THE DASHED LINE APPEARANCE IS A SOLID LINE.

HOW DO YOU GET THE DASHED LINE TO SHOW???

Glen Cameron

LTSCALE

Post by Glen Cameron » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:37 am

Make sure you set LTSCALE to a value that is correct for your drawing. Type in LTSCALE and set it as appropriate. All linetypes in the drawing should be affected by the same amount at the same time. You may need to REGEN to see the update.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

amy

Post by amy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:54 am

In the IntelliCAD Explorer (layer managaer) under the linetypes section, it shows all my linetypes under the Linetype Appearance row all solid lines......not what the linetypes are suposed to look like.

My ltscale is correct....I'm just not sure why the linetype appearance shows all solid lines....dashed for example under the description heading shows a dashed line but in the appearance heading it shows a solid line and it's like that for every linetype.

If I open a new drawing everything is right and I tried to copy and paste all the linetypes into the current drawing and it still shows as a soild line under the appearance heading in Explorer - Linetypes.

Maybe it's just a faulty drawing because when I opened a new one the linetypes where showing as they should. It's not too importnat for this drawing anyway to show a dashed line, so I'll be fine with this problem.

Also MSCAD2005 seems to close itself down at odd times. When I hit the properties button once it just closed the program. And when I was plotting and hit the close button on the print window....mscad decided to close as well. It's very strange. Any explanations for that?

Thanks!

Glen Cameron

linetypes

Post by Glen Cameron » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:49 am

The linetypes may have come from another source that displays them differently? If it is only in this drawing, then it could be something unique in the drawing that we are not expecting. Was it created in another program and transfered to MSCAD2005?

If you have any crashes, please send me an email with the details, including, the version of Windows, the exact command you were running when it happened, the exact error message (screen shots if possible), and send the following file as well: C:\Program Files\Microsurvey\MSCAD2005\ms_cb.txt

support@microsurvey.com

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

T.M. Moretz

Solid lines

Post by T.M. Moretz » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:28 pm

I think that I have noticed that the line type shown in the properties tool bar is directly related to how far you are zoomed out of or into the drawing itself - the closer you zoom into the drawing, the more apparent the dashes will appear in the properties toolbar. It may be the same way in the explorer.