Heads Up: Toolbar woes when resizing window

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Heads Up: Toolbar woes when resizing window

Postby Ron Mak » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:21 am

In MS Cad 2005, docked toolbars will all move, stacking themselves in a vertical column of toolbars when the window gets too small to show them. Any vertical toolbars (at the right or left edge) are re-oriented horizontally and all but the first button disappear. Unfortunately, they stay that way after the window is maximized again.

Another odd behaviour is that right-clicking over one of these moved toolbars results in the shortcut menu list as expected, but none of hte toolbars are checked off, even if they are displayed. Adding a toolbar by checking it from the list addes a second instance of the toolbar. The only way to turn a toolbar off after it has been modified by the window re-size operation is to undock the toolbar, then right-click and choose "Hide" from the pop-up menu.

I experimented with Profiles to see if that would restore the toolbars to their prior state, but it had no effect.
Ron Mak

Another twist

Postby Ron Mak » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:43 am

After playing around yesterday, my toolbars were all still stacked. This am, they are all gone! Just the pull down menu is all that's left. On the plus side, I never knew my monitor was this big!
Ron Mak

Postby rwhatman » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:25 am

I tried it and found that resizing the program window is not good.

I just wonder. The program can be resized, but I bet it was never ment to be.

The Tool bars are Objects that can't change in size. You change the size of the window the objects have to move.

To my thinking it not a problem, its just cause infect.

The program should be set to fill the screen then you have lots of room to work in.
rwhatman

Postby Ron Mak » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:29 am

Good point, but this behaviour is not what you get in other programs (word, autocad, etc), where the toolbars remain in their position, even if you can't see them when the window is resized.
Ron Mak

Return to MicroSurvey CAD