Help with printing of Raster Images

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

abacuspros

Help with printing of Raster Images

Post by abacuspros » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 am

:? I need help. I have already contacted technical support, and what was suggested to me to try didn't work. When I try to plot a drawing with a raster image in it, the raster doesn't print. The raster image does show up on print preview, but not on paper. I am currently using 2004 version. I used to be able to print these images fine up until a tech guy installed our new online copy/fax/print machine. This is not the machine I'm trying to print the raster with, but that doesn't matter because I've tried to use all the printers here, none work. :( Please help, I've run out of ideas. :(

Richard Sands

RASTER PRINTS

Post by Richard Sands » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Can you print to PDF assuming you have a pdf capability? That may be a way around it. Have you tried shutting down MSCAD and then reopening drawing?
Richard

Glen Cameron

raster printing

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:34 pm

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the printer in question? It sounds like the new printer drivers may be interferring with the old printer drivers.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

abacuspros

Post by abacuspros » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:28 am

Yes, tried that. That was what your support person suggested, but it didn't change anything.

Glen Cameron

raster printing

Post by Glen Cameron » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:34 am

So the only change was the new printer being installed and connected?
Can you try removing that printer completly and see if the problem goes away? If this was the only change then it is probable that it is causing the problem. If there were other changes as well - then it may be one of them causing it.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.

abacuspros

Post by abacuspros » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:58 am

I agree that may work, however my employer is not ready to go that far. He would rather we "just not worry about it". I don't like that approach, because the next time he is going to want me to attach a raster, he is going to forget that I can't print them out. And yet, he doesn't want us uninstalling the copier. I even contacted the support dept. for the copier, and they said it must be with the program. (I don't believe that, though, because it used to work.)

Glen Cameron

raster printing

Post by Glen Cameron » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:12 am

Have you tried printing a raster from MSCAD2005? Does it work?

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.

rwhatman

Post by rwhatman » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:53 am

I assume you are using the latest Driver for the Printer and does not mean the one that came with the printer.

They are sometimes months old.

Now have you checked out the ADVANCE setting on you printer.

Look for Output format to Raster or Print as Image.

Try turning them On or OFF . This setting can make it print better or worse and even not at all.

Richard Sands did have a Good Idea. If it prints a PDF then its not MsCAD program.

My feeling its a printer setting.

By the way what colour was your raster in. Your printer may be trying to plot that colour when you just want Black lines.

I don't know if your printer is colour.

There is a few more ideas for you

Richard

abacuspros

Post by abacuspros » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:55 am

Yes, I downloaded the latest driver from HP website. We only work in black ink, no color. We did try to print the image from the generic Microsoft Paint program. It printed fine.