Northings/Eastings Backwards...Cad2004

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Northings/Eastings Backwards...Cad2004

Postby Jack Van Beek » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:14 pm

It seems that when I input coordinates using cad, the Northings and Eastings are backwards. I can also see this when dragging mouse across screen. Being from Canada I need to set this to Northings/Eastings. I don't usually need this but am stuck on this right now. I think it was set correct before, but never really paid any attention to it... :oops:
How do I set this????
Jack Van Beek

X,Y vs N,E

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:12 pm

CAD always uses X and Y which is Easting, Northing. The Survey commands always use Northing then Easting. I would suggest using the Survey commands if you can.

What are you doing that requires input of CAD coordinates that can't be done in Survey commands? Can you enter the coordinates into a file and read it in via the ASCII inport routine?

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Jack Van Beek » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:30 am

Thanx Glen.
I always use the survey (cogo) commands for any work that I am doing, but just in this case I wanted to do a move command using cadd. I needed to do a coord shift, but I already had a lot of cad linework that I was trying to maintain. By shifting coords with Survey, my cad linework was going to be messed up. Was no problem with this method, but I just had to enter coords backwards,. It was then that I noticed the cadd coord display showing Northings going east/west. I Have been using this for a long time, and never noticed it before.. :oops:
Is there an input variable to set the x,y to coincide with northing, easting?
Jack...
Jack Van Beek

N,E vs X,Y

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:57 am

No variable or toggle that I am aware of to change it, sorry.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD