Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Postby amy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:55 am

Ok... so my undo command is set to Undo: Control/<One> which I thought meant it undid one command at a time (I'm thinking I may wrong with this idea now). And sometimes it does that. Today I've been having some issues with it. If I type in "u" once it undo's the last command, if I type it in again it undoes the second last thing I did. Now if I type "u" in for the third time in a row it goes through everything I did until I believe my last save or whenever it magically chooses. Now I have no clue why it does that. And it didn't do it yesturday.....yesturday I thought I was a genius for being able to undo one command at a time.

Any thoughts would be welcome. :?

Postby Jason Poitras » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:07 pm

There appears to be something that is triggering the undo marks to not get set correctly.

This is a difficult bug to fix because we haven't found a way to reproduce the problem. To help us find the problem we need to know what commands you were using prior to the problem occuring. MSCAD automatically logs every command you use to a file called ms_cb.txt and it is located in the root of your MSCAD2005 directory. This file is purged whenever MSCAD is started, and logs the commands you use for your current session.

If you run into the undo problem, could you please email me your ms_cb.txt file.

In the text file you will see somthing like this:

begin WCLOSE
    end WCLOSE
    begin OPEN
    end OPEN
    begin C:TOG
    end C:TOG
    begin ENTPROP
    end ENTPROP
    begin C:ISO
    begin REGEN
    end REGEN