utm grid azimuth to local azimuth correction

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

utm grid azimuth to local azimuth correction

Postby carl » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:46 pm

I often work with sea level utm coords downloaded from a gps unit.

I use the microsurvey Input and output scale factors to be able to inverse or calculate ground distances while still using or creating sea level utm coords.

My question is; is there a way to set a rotation angle (or correction) so that I am able to use some kind of local or assumed azimuth that doesn't match the grid azimuths put out by the utm coords.
carl

Deflection Angle

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:16 pm

The only option that may come close to what you ask is found in the CADLines dialog. When entering in data using the Traverse, Deflection or Turned Angle buttons, you have an Azimuth (or Bearing) Correction that can be applied to the direction calculated.

This allows you to enter in a given Bearing or Azimuth and it will automatically add or subtract the Correction you have given, on each entry. So the resulting Bearing or Azimuth is what you entered plus or minus the correction.

There is no ability to inverse between two points and have it do a bearing or azimuth correction to what it displays.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Azimuth Correction

Postby Scott » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:09 am

Glen, how is the value of the correction computed by CADLines stored? Is it a variable that I can access with lisp?
Scott

Correction

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:34 pm

Not that I am aware of - it is manually entered in the dialog box.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD