WBLOCK & Copy to Clipboard not working?

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

WBLOCK & Copy to Clipboard not working?

Postby marko » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:08 am

I often have trouble with not being able to write a block out from an AutoCAD file. I don't know why WBLOCK does not work. I run the command and select objects, but when I chose 'OK' to export, I see that the block is not written to the disk. I can't copy these objects to clipboard either.

What could be the reason for this?

thanks
Mark Cahill BCLS
marko

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 am

Sorry, no idea. It sounds like an AutoCAD issue (AutoCAD commands not working as expected) that might be best asked in an Autodesk forum.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby tmyrfield » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:15 am

Well, it is only a year later that I am posting to this topic.

Mark, I have noticed this problem as well recently. I have noticed that I run across this when using clients' AutoCad drawings. The recurring theme is that the original drawings are created in AutoCAD 2008 and then saved as an earlier version so that I can use the drawing in my MicroSurvey InCAD. The side effect is that I simply cannot create wblocks and cannot cut and paste from those drawings within InCAD. It is a real pain-in-the-neck. I don't have a reason for this happening, but it does fall into the category that AutoCAD warns a person about when you 'save as' an earlier version.
Teresa
tmyrfield

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD