Point Insertion Problem Please Help, Very Annoying

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Point Insertion Problem Please Help, Very Annoying

Postby chrisanglehart » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:35 am

I Have recently installed the MicroSurvey Incad Service Pack 2, and am running AutoDesk Map,

What i was wondering was before i installed teh service pack, the insertion point for the point number was the same location as the node. However the number wasnt directly on the node as it is now. Also before when you deleted a point number it was attached to the node and would delete it as well.. Could you tell me if there is a fix to this problem?
chrisanglehart

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:16 am

MicroSurvey products do not use a Point Block like some other programs out there. We connect the point to the text using EED. So if the Point Number is erased, the point is not unless it was also selected.

To control where the point number, description and elevation text are in relation to the point, the Labeling Defaults dialog has the fields to do this.

Go to the MicroSurvey menu -> MicroSurvey Defaults -> Point Number. Set the X and Y offset, then do the same for the desciptions and elevations.

Once you have done this - you should save it as permanet (under the same menu) so it will load this way in all future new jobs. Also to update the current job you are in, go to the MicroSurvey menu -> Database Utilities -> Update Drawing from Database.

We can convert any of our points to Point Blocks for use in other programs - by going under the MicroSurvey menu -> Other Program Ties -> and picking the appropriate program (LDD by the sounds of it in your case) - then using the create option and following the prompts.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD