TDS CR5 binary files

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TDS CR5 binary files

Postby Teresa » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:20 am

Are we still unable to import (binary) CR5 files unless we are downloading directly from a datacollector? I am getting topo files emailed to me and my importing of CR5 files failed. Good thing for RW5 or we'd be having problems...

Now is there a more efficient way to get TDS Recon data into InCAD? I don't see it on the list of supported data collectors... I guess that I could always import the TDS Recon project into FieldGenius and use it as my conversion program?

Teresa
Teresa

InCAD

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:06 am

We do not have the ability to read the binary files into any of our programs. The person sending it to you should be able to save the files in an ASCII format and email you this.

The TDS Recon uses Active Sync to communicate with the computer. You should be able to copy the files manually to the computer. We can then read in the RAW or RW5 file. You may also be able to export an ASCII file from their program and copy it down, then read it into InCAD as well.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Teresa » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:09 am

Thanks, Glen, that is what I did last night. (the RW5 file) Was wondering about the CR5 files, that is all. Not a biggie, was mostly just curious.
Teresa
Teresa

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD