Object Snap Settings

Discussion of MicroSurvey inCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Object Snap Settings

Postby User » Tue May 04, 2004 1:22 pm

I am using the newest Incad for AutoCAD2004, and
I am having a problem with my OSnap mode settings
vanishing on me.

Specifically it happens when I am using the curvey or straight leader command, every time I select it
I find my Osnap Mode check mark boxes reset, but the Osnap Settings box is still checked.

Any Ideas?

By far this is the best version of Incad yet, IMHO, and this is the only problem I am having as of now.
User

Postby Jason Poitras » Wed May 05, 2004 5:12 pm

Hello,

Most of our routines will save your osnap settings prior to execution and upon termination of the command we will set them back to what they were previously set to.

You may be running into a few routines where we turn them off but don't save your osnap settings. If you find a function that is doing this please let us know. I checked the leader commands and they appear to be working correctly.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Osnap

Postby JB » Thu May 06, 2004 12:10 pm

You are correct, it does save all the settings and return them to normal after the function is completed.

After looking at each step of the curvey/straight leader tool button(_ms_curvey_leader or _ms_straight_leader), I see that at the very first step after you specify the coordinate placement, but before you specify the direction , the OSnaps are all undefined, therefore if you were to cancel by 'Esc'aping they are not returned to the previous settings. If you cancel by other means, like the right mouse button, it appears to return the settings.

So I've solved my problem with a little adjustment to how I abort the command.

All is not lost though, this whole thing has helped me to discover that you actually can change the width and the arc of the leader, this is one nifty function. :)
JB

Re: Osnap

Postby JB » Thu May 06, 2004 12:23 pm

JB wrote:You are correct, it does save all the settings and return them to normal after the function is completed.

After looking at each step of the curvey/straight leader tool button(_ms_curvey_leader or _ms_straight_leader), I see that at the very first step after you specify the coordinate placement, but before you specify the direction , the OSnaps are all undefined, therefore if you were to cancel by 'Esc'aping they are not returned to the previous settings. If you cancel by other means, like the right mouse button, it appears to return the settings.

So I've solved my problem with a little adjustment to how I abort the command.

All is not lost though, this whole thing has helped me to discover that you actually can change the width and the arc of the leader, this is one nifty function. :)

-----------------------------------------------
Just an added note that if you cancel the leader command by selecting "AutoCAD" in the AutoCad menu palette(right above the '****'), Which seems to be the only AutoCad equivalent to the Escape key, I get the same results.
JB

Return to MicroSurvey inCAD