Microsurvey Response

A general sounding board for non-product specific surveying issues

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Microsurvey Response

Postby artb » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:43 pm

2004/11/10

Darcy

I am a little disappointed that no one on your staff has reponded to my query of how to make an autocad lisp file function in MicroSurvey. Your advertising likes to promote the fact that Autocad lisp files normally will function in Microsurvey without modifying them. I personally am aware that the other lisp routines that I have used in MS do pretty much work as written in Acad.

I provided one that has commands in in that your program doesn't recognize. No one from your staff has offered any suggestions as to what comparable command in MS will provide the results that works in Acad or any special process that would accompany the commands to make them work.

Should I be so bold as to consider the possibility that I may have provided a query in my first submission that your staff and/or your software can't handle?

As it is I currently stands in order to take advantage of this routine I need to save the file to Autocad, Execute the lisp file in Acad and then Reload it to MS to continue the project. If we have an area that requires a bold outline and there are a number of survey posts defining that area I feel that if is worth my time to let Acad do the job rather than have to convert each line independently to a polyline so I can give it a thickness in MS. With that lisp routine I could modify a 100 lines and give them a thickness in one operation.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Art
artb
artb

I'll look into it

Postby Darcy Detlor » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:24 am

Hi Artb,

Lisp is not used as much as it used to be, primarily because the power of MSCAD has grown over the years.

None of our staff would consider themselves lisp experts, because when we see a problem that needs to be addressed with programming, we do it in C++. Then we add it to the software to provide value to all our customers.

Unfortunately I am the one at MicroSurvey who has the most experience programming in lisp, and I have less and less time to program anymore. It is a shame, because I enjoy programming a lot.

I will look for your original post to see if anything comes to mind.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby Darcy Detlor » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:01 am

I believe we have a solution to the problem:

http://www.microsurvey.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=619
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.