MS 2004 DEMO

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MS 2004 DEMO

Postby [email protected] » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:02 am

Several questions -

1. I am finding that as I am computing - after a while solid black boxes begin appearing in my toolbars. I started to save immediately and then started program again. Could this be the result of not enough RAM?

2. How to you set text size and text color on the automatic anno. for B/D?

3. I cannot seem to get the TRIM command to work - I am trying to TRIM lines out of my "open circle" corner monument symbol.

4. Can you draw arcs using BC, RP, EC ?

5. I imported an AutoCAD R14 file - did considerable editing on the drawing - and saved as R14 .DWG format. When I brought the edited drawing up on LDD, my text, line widths, and tables were whacko when I plotted the drawing on our HP 700 DesignJet Plotter. What did I do wrong?

6. Finally, it seems that some of the alias commands don't work!

Hank Berg, PLS
02.16.04 1105 PST
[email protected]

Tech Response

Postby [email protected] » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:03 pm

I had an ocassion last week to ask a question regarding the plotting command. It turns out that I had move a tool bar over the icon for plotting [which showed up when I typed PRINT.]

I received a quick response from Glenn Cameron who quickly solved my problem :D

Then Glenn suggested I check out the MicroSurvey Forum and other helpful tools on the home board.

I discovered there is a lot of great information available and several unasked questions of mine where answered by reading the board :wink:

Maybe I should now try viewing the movies :roll: :shock:

Cheers,

Hank
[email protected]

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:41 pm

1) this sounds like a windows resources problem. It may also be related to the version of Windows you are running. Can you confirm the version of Windows for me?

2) The Bearings and Distances use the Labeling Defaults to control the height of text. They can be set by going under the MsAnnotate menu -> Labelling Defaults and then setting the dialog fields as desired.

3) Was the circle drawn as a circle or inserted as a symbol? If it was a symbol, then this explains the problem. The symbol would have to be exploded first - then you should be able to trim it. Also - if the lines are not at the same elevation as the circle, then Trim will not work.

4) We have several ways to draw curves. If the 3 points are already defined in the job (BC,RP,EC) then we can simply do a 3 point inverse in COGO to calculate and draw the curve. Just enter in the 3 point numbers with 2 dots between each, to get the curve.

Example:
> cogo
Inverse:Pt..Pt/Curve Inverse:Pt..Pt..Pt
Enter From Point: <1>1..2..3

This assumes that the distance from 1 to 2 is the same as 2 to 3. If not then it will calculate the baseline offset and angles left/right.

5) Keep in mind that the line widths are controlled for plotting, by color. Your AutoCAD may be set to plot differently than the default colors are set in MSCAD. So a blue line in MSCAD may be a fine line but in AutoCAD be a fat line - or visa versa.

6) I have confirmed a couple alias commands that do not work in what was supplied. If you can email me the list of what you have found, I would be happy to test them here and have them fixed/removed as appropriate, in a future service patch.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

MS 2004 DEMO RESPONSE

Postby [email protected] » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:07 pm

Glenn:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was running the DEMO on a 533 Mhz with 64 MB of RAM - hence the resources was having a difficult time! My 1.8 Ghz with 128 MB of RAM runs without this "blackout" problem.

I will review the other answers and apply your suggestions.

:oops: :lol:

Hank
[email protected]

Return to MicroSurvey CAD