still have glitches after patch

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

still have glitches after patch

Postby hodedo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:31 am

When can we expect the next patch? The last one seemed to have fixed the problems on my laptop but not my desktop...any suggestions?

I keep losing my database and the demo mode message still comes up. the funny thing is, if i save the job and try to re-open it all my "new" points are gone and the drawing seems unsaved, BUT!!! if I open it on my laptop (where 2004 is working properly) all the missing points and the drawing are there as if it did save correctly. Weird eh?

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:42 am

We are working on it now - no idea how fast it can be solved (depends upon what all is found, etc.). As soon as we can we will post the patch. Keep en eye on this web-site for the patch.

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Odd symptoms

Postby Darcy Detlor » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:27 pm

The database does not change whether you are in demo mode or not. If you have points in the database they should appear regardless of whether the program is in demo mode.

Your experience between your laptop and desktop does not make sense. I was partially involved in the programming of the demo vs. licensed mode function. Can you check the files to make sure they are identical?

If they are identical, I would like to test them out to try to get that problem to happen here. It's the best way to fix bugs.

Darcy Detlor,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby John Gallagher » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:43 am

The same thing happened to me,I emailed Jason this past Friday because I had downloaded the final release after it was posted to have it while waiting for the cd to ship to the beta testers.I was getting the following message when trying to close out a drawing :
"The program was running in demo mode only.The data will not be saved."
Jason and Shannon arranged to get me a password to activate the program and all was working fine untill about 10 minutes ago.
I inserted some new points into a drawing,went to close the drawing and up popped that same message.I reopened the drawing,clicked on a point and recieved the following:
"The program failed to open the coordinate file."

The original points seem to be there if I open up the coordinate editor,but none of the new points show up.I tried shutting down the program and reopening it,shutting down the computer and rebooting and nothing seems to solve this problem.I am not even getting the registration splash screen when I open the program so I can reenter the password.
This has me in a bit of a bind as I have already removed 2002 from the computer so I'm left with sending the drawing over to another machine that still has 2002 on it and then working from there.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
John Gallagher
John Gallagher

Postby Vincent Popish » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:09 am

The same thing happened to me, had to quit using the demo version because of problems with the database.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Return to MicroSurvey CAD