[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Online training movies

Online training movies

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Online training movies

Postby Vincent Popish » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:18 am

I no longer have sound when using your online training movies. The first time I used the online movies it was very quiet, hard to hear, then it quit all together. The sound system works fine for everything except the online movies, and the movies that come with the program, they have a loud hum. Is there a setting that I am missing?
Thanks,
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Movie sound

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:53 am

The movies use WAVE format for sound. Make sure that your system has this format turned on and not muted. Also check the volume settings, and increase as required.

When I was recording the movies, I tried to reduce and remove the hum but I was not fully able to do so. So unfortunately, this means that there is a slight hum in the background of most of the movies.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

online training movies

Postby Vincent Popish » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:31 pm

I reinstalled windows media player, checked it with wav files on my computer, they all play fine, checked the settings and windows media player is the default program to play wav files. But still I have no sound when I play the training movies. I can go online and watch trailers for movies and that works with sound just fine, just no sound with you training movies??? Strange, huh! If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

online training movies

Postby Vincent Popish » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:15 pm

It turns out that only the "Split Line/Arc Command" training movie doesn't have sound, the other ones do have sound. It was the just that I tried the same movie over and over.
Sorry,
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby rwhatman » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:38 pm

The "Split Line/Arc Command" Sound works fine on my computer. I watched from the movie that was on my computer and the movie that
is ON LINE both work fine.

The only thing I saw that was wrong was you should never have two points on the same end line end point. I have used this command and
it worked fine.

I have to assume that the new points are the valid points and the old points were never on the line between 10 and 11. The old line between
10 and 11 was broken into many segments, but think about it. The lines
should have been picked in lot segments. That way you put a distance
for each lot and not distances between points.

Had those old points been on the line between 10 and 11 there would have been no new points.

To be fair, Glen you did show how the program works and it does work well.
rwhatman

training movies

Postby Vincent Popish » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:19 pm

It is only under the upgrade product tour link, that the movie doesn't have sound. In fact several of the movies don't have sound. It seems to be a different movie than the one just under split line arc movie from the list.

It, the movie from the Upgrde Product Tour link, labels the row line with only the distance label, and doesn't use the bearing label, which is what I want, so I wanted to hear how it was done...

I beleive it must be a setting in the label settings that makes the difference.

Sorry for the confusion,
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Return to MicroSurvey CAD