Topcon GPT driver needed

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Topcon GPT driver needed

Postby cadrum » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:02 am

Just received my Field Genius pack a few days ago. Have noticed the following when connecting iPAQ F.G. to Topcon GPT 2005 instrument:
1. Cannot change instrument to Fast (coarse) Mode.
2. Cannot toggle prism - non prism mode.
3. Cannot toggle stakeout lights on - off.
4. After any collector shot with distance, instrument is left in distance mode instead of returning to angle mode. Keeping the instrument battery running at a higher level due to EDM timeout.
5. If I manually change prism - non prism mode (or back) on instrument during the data collector shot, F.G. causes the instrument to shoot the shot 5 times before recording the info.

I have tried the other Topcon drivers with no improvement. I am leaving on the 300 driver for now to continue trying out software. Any reply about a Topcon GPT 2000 series driver would be great.
cadrum

Topcon 2000 Series

Postby Darcy Detlor » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:55 am

Hello,

We will contact Topcon again to see if we can get a 2000 series instrument to test.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Still Waiting...

Postby cadrum » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:32 pm

Darcy, Glen,

When I first looked into FieldGenius XG, I liked what I read. A data collection software with some cutting edge features such as the auto linework and dxf import. It sounded great and I wanted to give it a try. So, not to "rail" on anyone too hard here, but this is my situation:

My trusty ol' hp 48 may be on its last leg. That means I will desperately be needing a working data collector. Since last October I have essentially had a $ 1000 paper weight in the form of an iPaq 2215 w/ FieldGenius XG loaded on it. I haven't been able to use it, beyond a couple of initial tests in the parking lot, yet. Even the hard case is still in the box with the plastic cover on it. The last I heard from anyone concerning my instrument driver problem was... let's just say "several" months ago and I was told on the phone that my model of instrument was going to be tested again. I have checked back to this board occasionally for any new developments, but with no luck. So I'm wondering, are any new drivers available? I see there has been talk of a new version. Will this fix my problems? My hp 48 w/ SMI has kept me going and allowed me to be patient, but now am in need of a data collector soon. Please respond and bring me up to date. Thanks.

Bruce
cadrum

Postby Darcy Detlor » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:13 pm

Hello,

We are probably less than 24 hours from releasing a version of FieldGenius 2004 for the Pocket PC devices.

I am confident that the Topcon problem will be resolved in the new version. The total stations drivers in FG2004 have been completely rewritten to extract the highest level of performance possible out of the field equipment.

If you are not satisfied with the new release, contact me directly. We are investing a huge amount in this software release, and it is critical that we make our customers happy.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius