FieldGenius Emulator

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

T.M. Moretz

FieldGenius Emulator

Post by T.M. Moretz » Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:07 pm

I see many functions and many definitions for those functions but I am having a hard time just getting started. I would like to see a working example; an example that shows a job from start to finish. My current data collector had examples that showed and explained each button that needed to be pushed and a picture was shown with each pushed button showing what we should be seeing. Everything from starting the new file to taking the B.S. shot, side shots, traverses and balancing the traverse. Same thing with staking a line, creating a point, creating and staking a curve - every function had a working example. I was using this collector the next day and I didn't feel like a fish out of water. For me nothing beats a step-by-step example. This approach to instruction will turn something great into something great and easy. Of course, I my have missed the examples in your help files. If so please help me find them. Thank you.

marko

Post by marko » Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:33 am

Hello,

When you install our emulation version from our web site, the full FG Help System is also installed on your computer. Look under your desktop PC's Start menu > Programs > MicroSurvey FieldGenius > FieldGenius Help. This Help system is arranged by menu and most topics are described by example that will allow you to step through each function. Many of the help images have pop-up topics that describe the selected button's function. Slide your cursor over the images to locate these.

Your request for a working tutorial for a job from start to finish is a good one and we will create one as soon as possible.

To get started, in an open job, select Occupy Point from the FieldGenius TRAV menu. The above mentioned Help system provides step by step instructions for all possible occupied point set-up options. Once you have an occupied point, you can start experimenting with the sideshot and linework options.

Thank you for your interest in FieldGenius.
Mark Cahill BCLS