RE-REGISTER?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

RE-REGISTER?

Postby dale elsen » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:18 pm

Is there any way to get the program to accept my registration password
permanently? It accepted the password for about one month onlyand let me do calcs. Right now,it allows me to calc a point,shows the x,y,z in a little dialogue box,then when I hit OK,it gives warning message "no database"or "demo mode expired" or something to that effect. It shows the cross and elevation point on the screen,but when I click on the point, the coordinate editor shows no point. Any suggestions?Thankyou!
dale elsen

password

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:46 pm

It sounds like you are running SP#4 or earlier of MSCAD2004.

You will need to grab the latest Service Patch - then once it is installed type in the following command ENTER_PASSWORD and enter in the password you were sent. Once entered, it will correct this problem and you will be fully registered, as it should be.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

will not save

Postby dale elsen » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:56 am

The header says SP6. When exiting,it shows name of my job,then also asks if I want to save a job named jobs2000/_0.flx
Am confused about that one. Thanks!
dale elsen

Postby ianw2 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:29 am

EEK! The dreaded 0.flx!

This one's yours, Glen!
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Drawing_0

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:26 am

This version of the CAD Engine opens up with a default drawing called DRAWING_0. If you are starting a new drawing, then you can save DRAWING_0 with a name of your own, then do all the survey work you require. When you exit at this point, drawing_0 is no longer there of course.

If you open an existing job - drawing_0 will remain open in the background. You have options to switch to it and close it at anytime, but if you don't close it and you simply exit the program, you will be asked at that time if you wish to save drawing_0.

There was another discussion on this topic a short while back - here is the link to that discussion http://www.microsurvey.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=460

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby dale elsen » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:27 pm

On the ms2004 sp6 : So far,program will not accept my registration info and says demo version has expired.
Also,it seems to have serious issues with basic commands;when I pick the move command in the toolbox,it warns me that the program failed to open the text database,or failed to open the connectivity database,etc.
The latest attempt to use the move button gives me this message:"failed to open a critical component. This indicates damage to program,please exit immediately before data is lost. Re-install immediately."Is there a
un-install procedure before I try the re-install? Thanks
dale elsen

reinstalling the program

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:50 am

You can remove the program by going to the CD and start the install again. When it comes up with Modify/Repair/Remove, you pick Remove.

Then via Windows Explorer or My Computer - go back in and erase the MSCAD2004 folder. Then you can do a clean install of the latest version of MSCAD2004 from our web-site.

You will still need to type in the command ENTER_PASSWORD and enter in your password again, once you get it reinstalled, to correct the password issue (where it is telling you that it can't open the database, etc.).

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD