[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Losing my Bars

Losing my Bars

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Losing my Bars

Postby Jack Van Beek » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:52 am

I keep losing any bars I have placed in drawing that are attached to points in data base when I load my drawing with "audit data base" on. Is there a parameter setting I am missing?
Also I can still not slide text along a line. It always defaults to ortho and moves it along the east west axis. Any thoughts?
Jack
Jack Van Beek

Postby Darcy Detlor » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:33 am

Hi there,

I would like to see the slide text along line problem if possible. We could hook up with our on-line support mode and you could show me the problem. Most likely there is some other toggle that is on that is restraining the movement.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby rwhatman » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:49 am

Check if you are in Surveyors View. Slide text does not work in
Surveyors View.

Set to World View and the text should Slide.

To get it to work in Surveyors View you have to Save view in Surveyors View then go back to world view.

Then go to Saved View it now will work in both views.
rwhatman

LOST BARS

Postby Paul W » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:39 am

I have run into the same problem with the bars also, using a rectangle with hatching is my solution
Paul W

Postby rwhatman » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:57 am

Turn off Audit Data base this is the program that is removing the bars.

As you will see below it removed them from the History for some unknown
reason.

hanging coordinate database to match CAD entity:
ptnum 1: OLD (9371.695233, 10229.963716, 0.000000) desc=ici_flp
NEW (9371.695233, 10229.963716, 0.000000) desc=

Changing coordinate database to match CAD entity:
ptnum 2: OLD (9488.683265, 10272.529405, 0.000000) desc=ici_flp
NEW (9488.683265, 10272.529405, 0.000000) desc=

ptnum 3: OLD (9518.954450, 10198.577433, 0.000000) desc=ici_plp
NEW (9518.954450, 10198.577433, 0.000000) desc=

ptnum 4: OLD (9397.392272, 10147.875166, 0.000000) desc=ici_plp
NEW (9397.392272, 10147.875166, 0.000000) desc=
... done.

Database Test Ok. No Errors found.
rwhatman

Postby Jack Van Beek » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:43 am

Thanx for the tips. I will only run my "audit data base" at the beginning of job from now on then turn off when reloading drawing. Don't know if it is supposed to be like that but works for now.

rwhatman...Slide text along line works fine in world view but cannot make it work in surveyor view, even if I flip back and forth. How do you save surveyor view??am I missing something?
Darcy....how do we do this on-line thing??
Jack Van Beek

Postby rwhatman » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:33 am

Menu - View - View Manager or in the Zoom Palette

You can save your Surveyors View.

If you look at the Curser you will see that the lines run north, south, east
west in World View.

This must be this way it is set for the Slide text to work.

When you use Surveyors View the curser now is alined with the line you pick.

To rotate the curser back to world and still be in Surveyors View you
have to save this view.

After you have saved the View in the View Manager you then go back
to world view.

Now go to the view manager and retrieve your named view

You will see at this point that you are back at your Surveyors View
, but the curser is still pointing north, south, east, west.

Hope this is helpfull

Richard
rwhatman

Postby Jack Van Beek » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:06 am

Thanx Richard.
Is abit of a round about kind of way to do it, but it seems to work ok. Glad to finally have that working as I am always in a rotated view.
Jack...
Jack Van Beek

Return to MicroSurvey CAD