[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Error initializing Serial Port

Error initializing Serial Port

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Error initializing Serial Port

Postby James » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:28 am

Hi,there

I am a user of MicroSurvey 2002 user. Recently I installed FieldGenius Sync on my computer. Then I got a problem. When I tried to up/download from MicroSurvey 2002 to HP48 TDS via Com1, the system alway prompts "Error initializing Serial Port?". I am quite sure the port setting is right. It worked very well before I installed the FieldGenius. My MicroSurvey version is 2002 SP3. Any thoughts?

Thank you very much.

James
James

Active Sync

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:12 am

Microsoft Active Sync is monitoring the serial port and will not permit other programs to use it. You will need to disable the serial port checking in Active Sync when you wish to download your TDS.

To do this, start Active Sync from the shortcut - then go to the File menu -> Connection Settings -> Turn off the Serial (com) port.

If the FieldGenius you are using uses a USB connection then nothing else needs to be done. If FG is using the Serial Port then you will have to turn this option back on prior to syncing that unit.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Thanks. The problem was solved.

Postby James » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:51 pm

Thank you so much.
James

Return to MicroSurvey CAD