[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Printing Wish List Item...

Printing Wish List Item...

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Printing Wish List Item...

Postby ianw2 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:20 pm

When I write a legal description, I insist upon a plat to accompany the description. Usually, I end up printing out 3 or more cpopies of the legal description to go to the client, the recorder, the county surveyor, the mortgage holder, etc.

In Word, i can set the number of copies to pront. In MSCAD, I can't.

I've just printed out four legal description, two easements and a lot line adjustment application (which requires 4 copies for the city). Good L-rd, but a nice little addition to the print menu to print more than one copy would be a really nice present!
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Postby rwhatman » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:19 am

Ian
Was it the legal Description program that you need to write more then one copy.

I had never used it before, but it was very easy to make more than one
copy.

All Microsurvey print option are in your printer program.

Use Setup - properties and some where there you will find the option
for more then one copy. Every printer is different.

Then when you print, you get as many as you want.

Richard
rwhatman

Postby ianw2 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:19 am

Ah…OK…I’m a dip-stick! Sorry!

In one of these cases, I’m doing a Lot Line Adjustment for a client. Under California Law, the adjustment must be reviewed and approved by the jurisdictional agency.

The LLA consists of new descriptions for each of the lots together with plats. The local agency is requiring and additional dedication of right-of-way along the front of the property. Public Agencies cannot make do with just one copy of anything. They need 8 copies of all documents – 2 for planning, 2 for surveys, 2 for health and safety, 1 for fire and 1 for utilities.

I write my legal descriptions in Microsoft’s Word. The multiple copy print feature is easy to get at in Word. I was trying to get MSCAD to print out multiple copies of the 8-1/2” x14” plats, too.

It was late. It’s been a long week. I was tired as… I pulled a big boner.

Yeah the copier would have been an option, but the copier we have just doesn’t make really crisp copies like the original. I’m anal. I like pristine!

So, rwhatman (do you have a shorter moniker?), it was a simple brain fart. Thanks for pointing it out to me and making me think. I got a good night’s sleep last night and I comprehend, now!

However, it DOES prove the efficacy of this forum! MSCAD and it’s users ROCK!
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Return to MicroSurvey CAD