Temporary Target Height

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

pasurvey

Temporary Target Height

Post by pasurvey » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:16 am

Under sideshot (auto) Temporary Target Height works, but not under sideshot. I'm using Ipaq 2215 w/ver 1.0.8. Is this a known bug or am I missing something?
LP

Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Post by Jason Poitras » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:11 am

Hello,

Yes you found a bug that will be fixed with 1.0.9 build. The temporary target height you enter will be set as the default target height after your first shot.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com

John Gallagher

Target Heights

Post by John Gallagher » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:28 pm

We are using a Tracker with Field Genius 1.0.9,and the temporary target height works o.k.
The problem we are having is if you change the target height on the measurement info screen,the point comes out with the correct elevation but then when you return to the main screen the target height gets really strange.I just tried it setting a height of 5.24',took a couple of shots with no problem and then changed the height to 6.24'.
The new point was fine,but on returning to the main screen,the target height was listed at 66.53'.
Am I missing something here?
John Gallagher

Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Post by Jason Poitras » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:17 pm

Hi John,

:oops: Thanks for reporting this. I can't believe we haven't heard about this one sooner. I guess it shows that our users are not changing their target height very often from this screen.

I did confirm that the elevation is still computed correctly using the target height you enter and the problem appears only when you return back to the main screen. We will fix this as soon as possible.
Jason Poitras
General Manager

pasurvey

Post by pasurvey » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:08 pm

This bug was created in 1.0.9, which was on my Ipaq for a very short time due to other prohibitive bugs. I did notice the problem and reported it along with the others and assumed it would be fixed in 1.0.10. Guest not. I'm reluctant to update now without a working backup version. Can you post version 1.0.8 somewhere on your web site?
LP

Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Post by Jason Poitras » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:46 am

Hello,

We posted an update to the 1.0.10 build to fix the problem with changing target heights in the measurement information screen.

If this bug is affecting you, then re-install 1.0.10 and the problem will be fixed.
Jason Poitras
General Manager